Friday 11 May 2012

3ds Max Modelling A Lego Body

 

Polygon Modelling A Lego Body


First I begin modelling a plane over a template that I'd already created. Convert to editable polygon.






With the FD2*2*2 modifier I can scale the control points and match the lines with the template.


Selecting the edges, I can Shift and drag to the required size.





            
 Modified using symmetry and mirrored on the z axis.









After connecting my edges around the arm area, I delete that particular area's polygons.






After adding the Shell modifier the inside geometry is a little skewed.
Needed to Straighten Corners







Sorry, couldn't wait to see the 1st render!






Circling the arm-hole.
From the first render, the arm-hole is obviously not lego style so scaling and constraining all at the same time, I attempt to make it more circular. I can improve it further, I hope.

 


Now to make the hole for the neck. Extrude top four polygons 6mm high. Then choose edge, ring and connect to give it a more defined edge.
With no constraints, scale in the vertices of the neck to give it a more octagonal shape, trying to make the vertices as equi-distant as possible.



The Final Render




No comments:

Post a Comment